transfections

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Mon May 9 23:46:53 EST 1994

[unsuccessful t/fection stuff deleted]

We had the same problem with rat cerebellar granule cell cultures.

Nothing would get DNA into them.

two possiblities we havent tried are colloidal gold particle injection and
defective HSV vectors.

I believe HSV vectors could do the job (seen data from other people).

The gold injection (gold particles and dna injected at high velocity) is
another method, but never got a demo of the VERY EXPENSIVE machine.

try a defective viral vector.

martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
p.s. try BioMOO (virtual biology on the internet - telnet
bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888)