TA cloning kit problems

Rascals rascals at aol.com
Tue May 10 23:49:06 EST 1994

In article <2qov7iINN4i2 at newsstand.cit.cornell.edu>, douglas l feinstein
<dlfeins at cumc.cornell.edu> writes:

<Recently we have had serious problems using the Promega TA cloning kit.
Up to recently, we were very happy with it, good amount of recombinants,
low background. The last few batches of vector we received contain a
contaminant that gives white colonies on  Xgal plates, but does not have
any inserts. We sequenced a few and identified the contaminant as a
pT7SP6319, and older vector from Pharmacia. >

A few people that I work with have been using a TA cloning kit from Invitrogen.
They claim that it's easy to use and works quite well, but it's also expensive.