dut ung mutagenesis, pcr mutagenesis

jfh jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Wed May 11 15:48:25 EST 1994

Howdy folks,

I want to make some mutants using oligos, M13 and  dut ung strains.  Is
it possible for someone to send me e coli CJ236 or another such dut- ung-
F' strain?

The reason I'm doing this is that PCR with mutant oligos worked but gave
me additional changes such that my proteins are multiply, non
contiguously substituted.  I have been running some reactions recently
with Vent (proofreading) and would like to hear of experience using
mutating oligo and a correcting polymerase. Is it possible?  At the same
time, I want the old fsahioned back up to be working also.  We want the
correct solo mutants yesterday!

Thanks for any and all help.

John Hess, PhD                    Phone me 916 752 8420
Dept of Human Anatomy             FAX me 916 752 8520
University of Calif               Email me jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Davis, CA                         or leave me alone, your choice.