re-request for epitope tags

Juliette Faraco faraco at cmgm.stanford.edu
Thu May 12 15:42:59 EST 1994

I would really appreciate it if someone would please give some information
on genereting recombinant proteins fused to epitope tags. What are the
various choices of tags? What are people's experiences with N-term
or C-term epitope fusions? Which epitope tags tend to interfere with
function or structure of the fused protein of interest?
What are the merits/ disadvantages of these tags?:
       flu/HA tag
       substance P tag
       c-myc tag
       "FLAG" tag
       Strep tag

I would be very grateful for any information/ answers to the above questions.
                thanks,
                  Juliette