How to check the sequence of custom made oligonucleotide (fwd)

Wasun Chantratita asmsi002 at CMU.CHIANGMAI.AC.TH
Mon May 16 11:40:48 EST 1994

Dear Netters,

	We usually order pairs of oligonucleotides from the same company
(the name can not be revealed) for PCR purpose. Recently, some of new pair
of primers fail to create any amplified product, though the old lot (the
same sequences) which was also purchased from this company still working
very well giving us a tick sharp band on EtBr-stained Agarose gel.

	Therefore, we suspect that the sequences of our new pair of oliogs
may not be correct.

	So, is there anyone out there know the practical method for
checking the sequence of custom made oligonucleotide?

	I heard somebody said that they can actually sequence 20-30 mers
of oligonucleotides. What are your suggestion?

Wasun
Wasun Chantratita, Ph.D.                        Phone:053-221122 Ext 5086,5068
Department of Clinical Microbiology             Fax:  053-221890
Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences       Email:asmsi002 at cmu.chiangmai.ac.th
Chiang Mai University
Chiang Mai 50200
Thailand