Problems with Staph infection.

Michael Coady coady at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Tue May 17 13:30:44 EST 1994

Hi gang,
	We've been plagued with a nasty staph infection recently
that seems to be penicillin and streptomycin resistant.  So we're
going to do a big cleanup tomorrow with bleach and wiping with
ethanol.  Someone here mentioned that to really cleanup an
incubator, you should leave a pan of bleach in it overnight so that
the fumes will thoroughly kill any bugs that are hiding in little
crevices in the machine.  It all sounds like a bit of black magic
to me, but I've little or no experience at disinfecting equipment.
Any suggestions?

Mike

--
Michael J. Coady