What to do: Was Re: MAKE MANY MONEY FAST

Stephen R. Lasky Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu
Tue May 17 08:34:09 EST 1994

In article <2r8t47$dip at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, erwg0233 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Erik
Robert Wilson) wrote:

> Jill Schaller <Jill L. Schaller at um.cc.umich.edu> writes:
>
> >Re: *** MAKE MANY MONEY FAST!! ***
>
> >Perhaps it would have been more appropriate to post this in the
> >bionet.parasitology group?????
>
> Good shot!  As a practical question, is there anything that we as the
> readership of bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts (or any other group) can
> do to help control garbage like *** MAKE MANY MONEY FAST!! ***.  I
> am tired of seeing pyramid schemes on the network (and it must be
> far worse for those without good newsreader software).  When I get
> one of these things through surface mail I forward it to the postal
> inspector but I am not sure what to do when they show up on electronic
> media.  Comments?

Being just as tired of the Flames that follow posts like MAKE MONEY FAST as
I am of the original post, I sent the whole thing (original article) to the
Postmaster at the site that originated MAKE MONEY FAST.  I asked them to
talk to the guy.  They wrote back and said that Ramsey (that was who posted
the original that I saw) had been chastised and apologized and would NEVER
do it again.  We'll see about that, but it seems to me that the flames take
up more bandwidth than the orignal offensive article and there has to be
another way of dealing with A**holes like that.
Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D.       Brown University/Roger Williams Medical
Center
e-mail: Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu         LandLine: 401-456-6572