Differential Display

Ivy Foo IFOO%UKANVM.bitnet at VM42.CSO.UIUC.EDU
Fri May 20 21:32:01 EST 1994

I have been trying differential display for the last few months.  My
sequencing gels look great and I am able to isolate and reamplify the
'differential'bands.  However, I am having all sorts of problems with
comfirming the bands on Northerns.  I have been making random primed
probes with the reamplified bands and hybridizing to Northerns as
suggested by GenHunter Co., however, no signal ever appears on the
autorads! From what I've been reading on the Net it would appear that
just about everyone doing DD is stuck on this step....any comments
or ideas as to how we can get around this without undergoing massive
cloning and screening??  Thanks!!

Ivy Foo
University of Kansas Medical Center
Kansas City, KS 66202