Precipitating oligo with glycogen carrier?

Stephen R. Lasky Stephen_Lasky at
Sun May 22 09:59:00 EST 1994

In article <2rl91p$n8s at>, LOGAND
<logand at> wrote:

> Dear All
> I am precipitating a T4 kinase labelled oligo with ethanol/sodium acetate but
> want to see the pellet (and why not?) I read somewhere you can use glycogen as a
> carrier but (i) how much and (ii) which type - there are loads in Sigma's cat.

You could also use tRNA as a carrier.  We generally added a microgram  of
ecoli tRNA to precipitate oligos and small DNA's  after gel purification.

Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D.       Brown University/Roger Williams Medical
e-mail: Stephen_Lasky at         LandLine: 401-456-6572
America may be unique in being a country which has leapt from barbarism to
decadence without touching civilization:  John O'Hara