Martin Leach leach at
Mon May 23 05:58:45 EST 1994

In article <JEB.Harrison-230594180726 at>,
JEB.Harrison at (Jane Harrison) wrote:

> I have a problem with my 96 well plates, the edges keep drying out even
> when I have put water in the provided holes to maintain some humidity.  I
> am growing virus which takes 5-7 days to infect fully under the growing
> conditions, and I can't seem to stop the plates starting to dry out in this
> time.  The cells require air flow so I can't parafilm the plates to keep
> the mositure in.
> Any ideas welcome.
> Jane

Are u putting water in the incubator - either fill the base of the
incubator (some are made for this) or place it in a large tray

we had similar problems with 24well plates in incubator

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)