AID FOR MUTAGENESIS- GENERAL REQUEST FOR EXPERTS

the End jgraham at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
Thu May 26 10:14:21 EST 1994

Mike has pointed out to me something in my post which may need clarification.
My reference to "PCR based" procedures refers to the incorporation of
mutagenic primers rather than mutagenesis by PCR "per se" as described
by Caldwell and Joyce (among others). The latter has worked for me, but
I suspected a reduced mutagenesis frequency and nucleotide bias prior
to abandoning that direction. That technique may still be useful in
targeting larger regions, as would the use of "mutator" host strains.

Jim