RNA extraction from lung tissue

sbutcher at molbiol.ox.ac.uk sbutcher at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 26 06:33:00 EST 1994

I am posting this query for a visiting colleague who has no access to the net
at present.
She is wishing to extract total rna from rodent lungs which are infected with
an RNA virus. The idea is then to use the rna in PCR. Has anyone had
experience in doing something similar with lung tissue?
Any handy hints gratefully accepted. What is the best way to prepare the
tissue for the extraction? Homogenisation???
We were thinking maybe to use the 1 step acid guanidinium
thiocyanate/phenol-chloroform method ? Anyone willing to share ideas?
Thanks in advance
Sarah

Sarah Butcher				SBUTCHER at MOLBIOL.OX.AC.UK
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road
Oxford