HELP!!! WHAT PCR MACHINE TO BUY

Wasun Chantratita asmsi002 at CMU.CHIANGMAI.AC.TH
Thu May 26 09:22:53 EST 1994

On 26 May 1994 saitchison at chmeds.ac.nz wrote:

> Hello out there, I need some URGENT help.  My lab is contemplating buying
> a Coy TempCycler II Model 110S.  These guys' thermal cyclers are new to this
> part of the world and we have no idea what they are like.

Dear Simon
  I have been using a Coy TempCycler II Model 110S for two years. It
works quite well. The weak point of this model is you have to pour the
glycerin into the wells inthe block, half full. If you adding to much
glycerin, the problem may arise when ever you move or push the machine.
The glycerin will spill downward on to the temp control board causing the
unit will not cycle, remains at step 1 of program begin run.
  So, remove the glycerin from the incubate block before shippping or moving.

Hope this helps

Wasun Chantratita
Wasun Chantratita, Ph.D.                        Phone:053-221122 Ext 5086,5068
Department of Clinical Microbiology             Fax:  053-221890
Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences       Email:asmsi002 at cmu.chiangmai.ac.th
Chiang Mai University
Chiang Mai 50200
Thailand