Cosmid Instability?

SinChronic wblank at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Mon May 30 11:33:01 EST 1994

Howdy Folks.

Our lab is trying to construct a cosmid library of some Mycoplasma
species (G+C content ~ 30%) using Stratagene's SuperCos and Gigapack II
packaging extracts.  When we did minipreps on the 25 or so amp-resistant
colonies, no vector DNA of any sort was found.

We have also heard of similar problems trying to construct a Spiroplasma
library (also low G+C%).

Has anyone else had something like this happen (and hopefully overcome it)?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Walter Blank

"Molecular biology?  I've heard of that... never seen it, though."

wblank at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca