pUC18 as expression vector

Darren.Martin Martin at gene.unp.ac.za
Tue May 31 04:03:27 EST 1994

I am interested to know what success people have had at getting expression
in E.  coli of bacterial genes cloned into pUC vectors with the genes under
control of the lac promotor.  I am particularly interested in the expression
of genes from Pseudomonas sp.  - I would also be interested in knowing
whether anybody has any experience with the expression in E. coli of genes (
cloned into any vector) from gram negative aerobic bacteria (suc as the
Pseudomonads) under the control of the genes' native promotors.

I would be extremely greatful for any useful information.

Thank you
Darren Martin
Department of Genetics
University of Natal, Pietermaritzberg