DDRT-PCR thermal cycler

Mike Rott mrott at unixg.ubc.ca
Tue May 31 17:34:46 EST 1994

I am considering buying a thermal cycler which will be use a lot for
DDRT-PCR. Until now I have been using a PE 9600 machine in another lab
which works fine but is heavily used.  These machines are rather expensive
so I an considering something else that will hold 96 samples using 0.2 ml
tubes, work with 20 ul volumes and has a heated lid.  The machine I am most
interested in is the MJ Research PTC-100-96V.  Does anyone have experience
with this machine or another which is similar?  Is anyone using something
other than the PE 9600 for DDRT-PCR?

thanks,

Mike