Petur Henry Petersen php at rhi.hi.is
Tue Nov 1 05:43:45 EST 1994

	I was wondering... When running Long Ranger Sequencing gel (6%)
I usually wait until the gel is around 45 degr and run it at about 45-50 degr
(Celcius of course :) ). In the Long Ranger leaflet they say one has only
to prerun the gels for 10 min. After 10 min prerun my gels are about 35 degr.
Should I load at 35 or wait as I usually do? I am trying to get sharper
bands and one of the factors I am concerned about is the heat of the gels..

	Could anyone tell me what they do? I should mention that I am running
sequenced PCR products and they show litle secondary structure and that I
use biotinlabeled primers to get ssDNA for sequencing...

	Petur Henry Petersen DeptmBiology U.Iceland