betagalactosidase antibodies

M K Bennett pamkb at mail.bris.ac.uk
Tue Nov 1 05:31:25 EST 1994

David Gonda (david_gonda at qm.yale.edu) wrote:
: We're having difficulties trying to get good sensitivity in Western blots
: against E. coli betagalactosidase (can see 50 ng, but not 5 ng; we need to
: do better).

: With that in mind: (1) Does anyone know of a source of polyclonal
: anti-betagal, other than that sold by Sigma? (2) Does anyone have a
: recommendation for a good monoclonal antibody that gives excellent
: sensitivity on Westerns?

Hi,

we and others have used a rabbit polyclonal antibody from cappel.
The cat.#55976

the full address on the bottle is

Organon Teknika Corp.
West Chester,
PA 19380.

mike

Mike Bennett D.Phil		|Scientists have odious manners, except when
Dept Pathology and Microbiology,|you prop up their theory; then you can borrow
University of Bristol, UK	|money from them--Mark Twain 1917
m.k.bennett at bristol.ac.uk	|