minipreps for sequencing

Roger Wiegand rcwieg at ccmail.monsanto.com
Tue Nov 1 18:04:37 EST 1994

> In article <2AC3B02E01B938D9 at office.mmc.org>, varyc.mmcri at OFFICE.MMC.ORG
> (Varyc) wrote:
>
> > Opinionated netters,
> > Are there any netters who are strongly opinionated as to the best
protocol for large throughput reliable minipreps for cycle
> > sequencing/ on ABI systems?, Or rating of prep systems for this use?

We've had good success with the AGTC spin columns so far. We'll be trying
their 96 well kit that uses the same technology shortly. The gold standard
so far has been the Qiawell system but they are expensive and give low
yields. Wizards work sometimes, better in the recent past, but read
lengths (when they work) have been 100bp shorter on average than the AGTC
or Qiawell.

--
Thanks,
Roger