Advice on Film Recorders

Kevin Morano ez005528 at
Tue Nov 1 17:26:49 EST 1994

Our department has a Polaroid machine that works great. Another group has
the Lasergraphics and that one has had a number of problems, including at
least one major crash in two years and seems to be sensitive to any
nearby emf's. The Polaroid also has  much smaller footprint, can be
shared between a Mac and a PC  and comes with software for both
platforms. Additionally, we're supposed to be able to shoot Polaroid film
and develop it ourselves, but we haven't tried that yet.
Kevin A. Morano
Internet:kamorano at
Bitnet:kamorano at ucdavis
Section of Microbiology, University of California, Davis