Question on chillies

ROGERSH hilary.rogers at afrc.ac.uk
Tue Nov 1 11:08:06 EST 1994

Netters - I have often found that deep scientific questions to the net often
go unanswered, while those of a more whimsical nature generate many replies.
Anyway, to help prove this to myself I would be grateful for any answers to
the following question (which has troubled myself and others over many beers):
What is the name of the scientific unit for the degree of hotness of a chilli
and, more importantly, how is it measured? Does an international standard exist?Sorry, thats three questions.