Clontech Two-hybrid libraries.

Simon E Plyte splyte at ocicl.oci.utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 1 11:15:54 EST 1994

We recently bought the Matchmaker two-hybrid system from Clontech together with
a suitable fusion library. Two labs here have tried using this system
without any luck.

When we screen the library we get between 100-400 colnies that grow
on His-, trp-, leu- plates. However, none of these turn blue in the
X-gal assay. Clontech assure us that at least half shoud turn blue.

Question: Has anyone out there had any luck cloning an interacting
protein using the matchmaker system together with a Clontech library.

Cheers
Simon