Use of Amersham's Hybond N+

David L. Haviland, Ph.D. HAVILAND at KIDS.WUSTL.EDU
Wed Nov 2 14:02:59 EST 1994

In <mendoz-011194104725 at mac02022.sd.gat.com> mendoz at vaxd.gat.com writes:

> Our laboratory just recently heard that DNA does not transfer real well to
> Amersham's Hybond N+ filters.  Has anybody else heard this?  It is
> supposedly better to use for transfer of RNA not DNA. Does anybody have
> comments, experiences with using Hybond?  Thanks.

Grace:

We have had minimal problems with Hybond N+ in genomic and regular
southerns, Northerns, and even with Oligo ECL.  For most, it is a workhorse
in our lab.

I say minimal because we've have had an occasional "bad batch" of Hybond N+
which with a simple phone call has gleefully been replaced. Probably two
batches in the last 6 years.

Hope this helps,
David