LA PCR info ?!?

Mic Chaudoir mic at nwu.edu
Wed Nov 2 16:07:10 EST 1994

Hi there,

I am anticipating screening a cell line for transformants.  I would like
to be able to screen using PCR, requiring less sample prep and fewer
cells.  However, I will probably need to PCR across at least 3kb, probably
5-6kb.  I have heard that LA (Long and Accurate) PCR kits/enhancers make
this possible.  Can anyone please e-mail or post with the following
information:

1) How does the reliability of LA PCR compare to standard PCR, i.e. will a
miss a lot of positives with this technique ?
2)  What kit are you using ?  What kit is the best ?

Thanks in advance for the info!

:-)

--
mic
mic at nwu.edu

"DOS is proof that PC users can take a joke"