Drug to kill actively growing yeast cells

AL R. PLUMMER aplummer at sprint.uccs.edu
Thu Nov 3 13:09:12 EST 1994

Tony Kwan (kwan at medcor.mcgill.ca) wrote:
: Hello netters,

: I'm looking for a drug that would be able to kill yeast cells which are
: actively dividing and would leave those which aren't alone.  Something
: analogous to penicillin in e.coli, for example.  Any help would be
: appreciated.

: --
: Tony Kwan
: Department of Biochemistry, McGill University
: kwan at medcor.mcgill.ca

How about Nystatin?  I have found it very useful for selecting many
types of auxotrophic strains.  You can find the original paper
concerning its use under the authors name, Snow.  I forget the
reference now, but can get it to you later today.

Hope this helps,
			-Al