DNASIS

Benoit_Hebert at IAF.UQUEBEC.CA Benoit_Hebert at IAF.UQUEBEC.CA
Thu Nov 3 20:45:12 EST 1994

Daoust Martin (daoustm at ERE.UMontreal.CA) wrote:
> Does anyone used DNASIS sequence analysis program for IBM?  If so, I
> would appreciated your comments.

Yes, we do. Although the protein/DNA programs are separate, you can run PROsis
and DNAsis in two separate windows under Win 3.11. This said, the DOS interface
is better than that of PC/Gene. BUT, DNAsis is pretty limited since you cannot
do multiple alignments. Aligning two sequences is limited to 4000 nu as well.
Hitachi just came out with the long-awaited DNAsis for Windows. I just sent
mail to DNASIS at Biotechnet.com to get a demo. You may want to do the same.

Benoit

Benoit_Hebert at iaf.uquebec.ca

Armand-Frappier Institute
Virology Research Center