ribo- or RPL probe ?

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Nov 4 23:40:24 EST 1994

Hello,

I am experiencing extreme problems with my northerns and southerns (both
genomic). Basically, I label my probes with RPL, like the Amersham
kit. However, even though I get quite hot probes (10E7 cpm) I see only
things like rRNA lighting up.
So, I was thinking that this could be due to too small DNA fragments
after labelling (I didn't test this on a gel).
So, now I want to try making a riboprobe, a liitle bit more work, but
still...
Anybody out there who knows how to compare both these labeling
systems ? Is a riboprobe hotter and better ?

clemens