How to Calculate Oligo MW?

Peter Myler mylerpj at u.washington.edu
Fri Nov 4 16:58:23 EST 1994

On 3 Nov 1994 books at mcvax4.d48.lilly.com wrote:

> We are looking for a formula to calculate the exact MW for oligonucleotides.
> The oligo will have a 5'-hydroxy group. We can estimate oligonucleotide MW
> if we use 330 as the average MW for each base but we need a exact number.
> Thanks DPSMITH smith_dennis_p at lilly.com

We use MW = (329A + 305C + 345G + 320T) g/mole

I would appreciate correction if I've got it wrong.

Peter J. Myler                                 phone: (206) 284-8846x332
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute          FAX: (206) 284-0313
4 Nickerson Street                             e-mail: MYLERPJ at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Seattle, WA  98109-1651