Clone a unknow enzyme

CBA0031 at uabdpo.dpo.uab.edu CBA0031 at uabdpo.dpo.uab.edu
Fri Nov 4 15:51:11 EST 1994

Hi:
   I was in such kind situaion. I know one of specific emzyme was present
within the cell by it`s activity. But I don`t know what is the size and what
is the sequences of this enzyme. I did not have the antibody against it.
   But by luck, there are some mutant was found. Those mutant is come from the
same stem cell, but the enzyme is lost.
   Are they some fast way to lead us to find this enzyme ? By PCR or by
something else ?
                               thanks in advance
                                               rongrong