Flagging or hexaHis tag?

Elmer M. Price DCRCEP at mizzou1.missouri.edu
Fri Nov 4 16:01:52 EST 1994

Hello Folks-My lab has been using the flag epitope from IBI for some time now
with very nice results.  I am in the process of engineering a different
construct (the previous protein was a flagged integral membrane protein
expressed in Sf9 cells) and wish to get your opinions on which approach
works well for you. Should we stick to what we know and use the flag epitope
(an 8 amino peptide against which these exists a monoclonal antibody)
or should we try the His-6 tag and Ni chromatography for purification.

Thanks

Elmer