Texas Red labeling of antibodies

Richard R. Hardy hardy at mighty.fccc.edu
Fri Nov 4 12:33:43 EST 1994

In article <00986EB0.84216420 at Msu.oscs.montana.edu>,
uvsbgsm at Msu.oscs.montana.edu wrote:

> I have been trying to texas red label purified monoclonal antibody with no
> luck using the Current Protocols in Immunology method.  Efficiency is very
> low. Does anyone out there have a good method/advice?  Thanks!

Could you define what you mean ny low efficiency?  Our experience has been
that low fluorochrome/protein ratios work best for this dye (i.e., its
fluorescence quenches rapidly at higher F/P), typically around 1.0.  Also,
we've seen monoclonal antibody inactivation/precipitation frequently with
TR.  We tend to use it as an avidin sandwich with biotinated Mabs, which
works well.  Good luck!

R. Hardy
Member, Institute for Cancer Research,
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA
(215) 728-2463