Smallest Cloning Vector and Selectable Marker ...

Viraj Master vam2 at midway.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 4 10:05:07 EST 1994

In article <agpfxm-0411940816520001 at gra79.grasslands.cri.nz>,
agpfxm at pnv.palm.cri.nz (Ferenc Marincs) wrote:

> Hi, Viraj
>
> Do you know any source for the plasmid pMOB. Please let me know, I would
> need it.
>
> Thanks,     Frank
>
> Ferenc Marincs
> AgResearch, Private Bag 11008, Palmerston North, New Zealand
> Phone: +64-6-356 8019, Fax: +64-6-351 8032
> E-mail: agpfxm at pnv.palm.cri.nz

Hi Frank (and others),

I should have provided the reference describing this vector more fully so
you can determine whether you need it. The ref. describing the
construction of this vector is:

Strathman, et al.  Transposon-facilitated DNA sequencing.
Proceedings of the National Academny of Sciences U.S.A. (1991) 88:1247

from my previous post:
> > pMOB is a 1.8 kb stripped-down BluescriptII.  It contains the full MCS,
> > T3/T7 RNA pol. binding sites, B-lactamase gene for ampicillin resistance
> > and an origin of replication.  I hope this helps.

Good luck

Viraj

--
Viraj Master