Soliciting Comments on Sequence Analysis Software

Mic Chaudoir mic at nwu.edu
Fri Nov 4 18:47:42 EST 1994

In article <3994qu$ao9 at lastactionhero.rs.itd.umich.edu>,
jddecker at umich.edu (Jim Decker) wrote:

> I am soliciting comments on sequence analysis software that is personal
> computer based.  We are currently using GCG on the vax and find it
> quite cumbersome and overall difficult to use.  I have sent away for a
> thirty day trial of the Intelligenetics PC/Gene.  I can use either a
> MAC or Dos-Windows format.
> Thanks for your help.

Lasergene by DNAstar is far and away the best, IMHO.  I recently did a
comparo in our lab, with mac versions of GeneWorks, Hitachi's software,
and Lasergene.  Lasergene won hands down, and I highly reccomend it.
Unfortunately, it is pricey.  For more info, call 608-258-7420

--
mic
mic at nwu.edu

"DOS is proof that PC users can take a joke"