Substrates for B-GUS and B-GAL ?

mbridges at molbiol.ox.ac.uk mbridges at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 7 05:22:10 EST 1994

I am wanting to use both beta-galactosidase and beta-glucuronidase reporter
genes in an expression vector that I am designing. However, in order to do
this I need to find all of the alternative substrates for both genes, as well
as the colours they produce. So can anyone please tell me what they are, what
colours they produce as well as who makes them, as i have looked through many
catalogues with little success.  Any ideas would be extremely helpful !

Melanie Bridges

Institute of Virology, Oxford.	EMAIL:  MBRIDGES at MOLBIOL.OX.AC.UK