DNA/Protein analysis software

Ed Rybicki ed at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Mon Nov 7 11:35:38 EST 1994

In article <39hbhf$1ld at csi0.csi.UOttawa.CA> kgarson at labsun1.med.uottawa.ca (kenneth garson (cancer research)) writes:
>From: kgarson at labsun1.med.uottawa.ca (kenneth garson (cancer research))
>Subject: DNA/Protein analysis software
>Date: 6 Nov 1994 01:29:19 GMT
>features. Any suggestions for the IBM? The only program that we have
>ordered a demo copy for is DNASIS. Should we consider others?

Yes - Generunner (Hastings Software, Inc, ver 1,12 1993)  and Vector NTI
(InforMax Inc, fax  301-216-0087, 1994 demo).  Both look to be very good as
concerns handling of DNA and protein seq, and Generunner in particular has a
very good PCR primer design section.  Run under Win 3.1

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |       "Lord, won't you buy me       |
 | (ed at molbiol.uct.ac.za)      |                                     |
 | Dept Microbiology           |         A Mer-ce-des Benz..."       |
 | University of Cape Town     |                                     |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch     |   "My friends all drive Porsches    |
 | 7700, South Africa          |                                     |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         |         I must make amends..."      |
 | phone: 650-3265             |     (Janis Joplin, Pearl, 1971)     |