Pierre Jelenc pcj1 at
Mon Nov 7 10:41:54 EST 1994

In article <estephen.152 at>,
Ed Stephenson <estephen at> wrote:
>In article <199411031746.AA23794 at> saboteur at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU (bdl) writes:
>>Also, I beleive habaneros have the highest skovill

It is spelled "Scoville", after the name of the inventor of that scale.

>>rating, but my own experience finds  scotch bonnets to be far superior in kick.
>>What do you think?
>I think they're the same thing.

I believe so as well, although some people claim that there is in fact a
difference. I think it is mostly a question of one-upmanship between
Mexican and Jamaican cooks!

Pierre Jelenc                        pcj1 at
                                    Columbia University, New York