Flagging or hexaHis tag?

Richard James r.james at uea.ac.uk
Mon Nov 7 11:12:54 EST 1994

Should we stick to what we know and use the flag epitope
> (an 8 amino peptide against which these exists a monoclonal antibody)
> or should we try the His-6 tag and Ni chromatography for purification.
>
> Thanks
>
> Elmer

We have used the His-Tag method to purify several proteins now and
have had no trouble with any of them. It seems to work really well.
You can even use it to purify protein complexes by putting the
His-Tag on one protein and then denature on the Ni-column to purify
the other.

I am a fan of this system.

Richard