Soliciting Comments on Sequence Analysis Software

Robert Preston rapr at med.pitt.edu
Mon Nov 7 10:09:57 EST 1994

In article <hardy-0611941840190001 at mighty.facs.fccc.edu>,
hardy at mighty.fccc.edu (Richard R. Hardy) wrote:
> > --
> Another vote for MacVector.  Used it for about 3 years now.  The
> PCR/primer design feature (added in last upgrade) is a big plus for me.

Yet another vote for IBI/Kodak's MacVector: used it two years, the Entrez is
convenient, find it amazingly user-friendly and bug-free.  REBase at New
England Biolabs is working on format for direct entry of their restriction
enzyme database into the MacVector program.  They have about four times as
many RE as our new MacVector version.

--
Robert Preston                           Dept. of Pathology
rapr at med.pitt.edu                  Univ. of Pittburgh 15261