Human cell line with inducible lacZ gene

Leon Parker mrclean at u.washington.edu
Tue Nov 8 12:22:53 EST 1994

Hello all--

Has anyone created a human cell line possessing a single copy of the E.
coli lac Z gene (under the control of an inducible promoter) in its
genome.  We are particularly interested in cell lines where lacZ gene
expression is tightly regulated (if such a thing is possible in a
mammalian cell...); in other words, the basal level of lacZ gene
transcription is very low or undetectable in the absence of induction.
We would like to utilize such a cell line as a positive control in some
experiments we are planning.  We would, or course, cover the cost of
shipping a sample of the cells.

Thanks in advance for any information or help you can provide.
Please respond directly to:  mrclean at u.washington.edu

--Leon Parker
Department of Microbiology
Mail stop SC-42