Human chromosome-specific genomic libraries

Randy Haun rhaun at nih.gov
Tue Nov 8 10:47:54 EST 1994

I am looking for human chromosome-specific DNA libraries.  I have found a
series of libraries in the ATCC collection that were prepared in the late
80s as part of Phase I construction of chromosome-specific libraries by the
National Laboratory Gene Library Project.  These libraries were prepared by
complete digestion with either EcoRI or HindIII of flow-sorted chromosomes,
and thus contain inserts with an average size of 4 kb.  In the paper
describing their construction (Bio/Technology 4, 1986, 537), the authors
discuss Phase II of this project which includes the construction of
lambda libraries containing larger (20-25 kb) inserts.  Does anyone know if
Phase II was completed; and if so, are these libraries available?

Direct responses can be sent to: haunr at nih.gov

Thanks. . .