Shotgun sequencing assembly

Andy Law (Big Nose) lawa at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Nov 8 03:50:02 EST 1994

In article <3981t6$6a1 at cpca3.uea.ac.uk>, Richard James <r.james at uea.ac.uk>
wrote:

> We use Lasergene software by DNASTAR. There are both Mac and PC versions
> available. It is not cheap but so far we have been very happy with it.

We also use DNASTAR software for a similar purpose. Be aware however that
the algorithms that it uses for stripping poor 3' sequence and vector from
the input sequences are "not robust" (i.e. they don't work). So much so,
in fact, that I have written myself a filter to strip off the crap and
vector BEFORE I put it into the assembly

Andy Law

( Lawa @ bbsrc.ac.uk                     Big Nose in Edinburgh )