Dumb question (?) re cycle sequencing of PCR products

schupp at nauvax.ucc.nau.edu schupp at nauvax.ucc.nau.edu
Tue Nov 8 09:46:26 EST 1994

David,
        I have used the original primers as sequencing primers and gotten
good results.  In a few cases, though, I have gotten better sequence using
internal primers.  The thought is that there may be a certain percentage of
incomplete extension in the PCR reaction, lowering the number of full priming
sites for sequencing, if one uses the same primers for sequencing.  We have
always designed internal primers just incase the amplification primers don't
work.

Jim Schupp