Using Glycogen to prec DNA???

Seanna Annis sannis at uoguelph.ca
Tue Nov 8 19:37:31 EST 1994

I am trying to purify a PCR fragments, around 600 bp from gel.  I can get
a decent amount out of the gel, but I lose it during the precipitation
step.  I want to use this product for direct cycle sequencing, so yeast
tRNA as an aid to precipitating the DNA was suggested to me to be a bad idea.
I have heard of glycogen used to prec oligonucleotides.  Does anyone know
of the right concentration of glycogen to use.  And does it interfer with
sequencing afterwards?  Or does anyone know of another method to get a
better yield.
Thanks.  Seanna    (sannis at uoguelph.ca)