HELP-Optimization of B-gal

Carrie Elizabeth Couper stat at wpi.edu
Wed Nov 9 19:29:40 EST 1994

I am researching for the material and methods for the fermentation of E. coli
with optimum B-gal production.  I just completed a shake flask experiment and
decided to use whey as our Carbon source.  Our results showed that this method
gave higher growth rates and B-gal production that lactose.  I am planning
another shaker experiment before I go to the fermenter.  I am curious about
heat shock and B-gal production.  Does anyone have any data on stress of
E. coli and synthesis?
	Please email me at stat at wpi.edu with any theories I should consider
in my experiment.
Thanks in advance,