ABI 373 DNA sequencer

Jacqueline Vanderstappen jacqueline.vanderstap at agr.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Nov 9 11:23:03 EST 1994

Hello,

I have some questions concerning the use of the automated ABI 373 stretch
sequencer.

We've recently bought the upgrade version (34cm WTR). Sometimes we have
problems with directly sequencing dsPCR products with the Taq dye terminator
kit. It's not a problem of reactions because the sequencing with the same
reactions have worked with the previous version of ABI 373 (24cm WTR). Is
this a problem of the gel (other concentration) or/and of the running
conditions. We now run the samples at 30 W.
Is this too high for PCR products?

We tried to use the Sequenase dye terminator kit for dsPCR products but it
didn't work? Is there somebody who has good experience with it? We perform
the sequencing directly on double-stranded PCR products.

Thanks,

Vander Stappen Jacqueline
KULeuven
Laboratory of Gene Technology