Antibody warning

Graham Atherton grggta at picr.cr.man.ac.uk
Wed Nov 9 08:08:38 EST 1994

A well known Californian company recently sold us an antibody. We did
several experiments on cellular protein and got no specific bands of
the expected size. We thus phoned up the company who then admitted that
they had never got the antibody to work on cell extracts, only on bacterially
expressed protein! We have thus wasted 2-3 weeks of precious time and
extract. They are sending a PAN-antibody in the hope it will help free of
charge - but we are not getting our money back.
Always take care to ask as many questions about newly-made antibodies
before committing your resources!
Graham Atherton