...no subject...

Jacqueline Vanderstappen jacqueline.vanderstap at agr.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Nov 9 08:05:28 EST 1994

Hello,

I have some questions concerning the use of the automated ABI 373 stretch
sequencer.

We've recently bought the upgrate version. Sometimes we have problems with
sequencing PCR products with the Taq dye terminator kit. It's not a problem
of reactions because the sequencing with the same reactions have worked with
the previous version of ABI 373. Is this a problem of the gel (other
concentration) or of the running conditions. We now run the samples at 30 W.
Is this too high for PCR products?

We tried to use the sequenase dye terminator kit for PCR products but it
didn't work? Is there somebody who has good experience with it?

Thanks,

Vander Stappen Jacqueline
KULeuven
Laboratory of Gene Technology