Easy/CHEAP Genomic DNA

Richard Dana rcdana at crash.cts.com
Thu Nov 10 22:59:45 EST 1994

I WANT THE CHEAPEST, EASIEST GENOMIC dna METHOD.

I am interested in doing plant DNA preps of many different species.

I would like to minimize cost and have 20 kb or larger DNA.

I would like to have a method which has stable and clean DNA but uses
non-toxic substancces as little as possible.  The idea I have is to
isolate DNA from as many different plants as possible and do it cheap.

Any ideas or methods would be welcome.  I would like to use this method
in countries where cost is of great concern.

Richard Dana
Project Green Gene
Boc 3512
Vista, CA 92083