Jim Burrows jburrows at
Thu Nov 10 08:44:32 EST 1994

In article <39r93l$qtr at>, kedziekm at (Allergan)

> While our group was deciding on which automated sequencer to buy, we
> changed our minds and decided to buy a phosphorimager instead.
> We have talked with the representative from Molecular Dynamics.  Who else
> makes phosphorimagers?

Fuji and BioRad also make phospho-imagers.  We have had the Fuij BAS2000
system since 1991 and other than the software being un-user friendly
(Sparc 2, UNIX) the imager has worked out very well.  The instrument is in
the Biotech. Core Facility so it sees heavy usage and the only service
related problem was a loose wire; although it is probably due for a new
laser sometime within the next 6 mo.

Jim Burrows
jburrows at