help w/ ecor1 contam!

Mandalaparthy padmmv00 at ac.usfca.edu
Thu Nov 10 03:24:58 EST 1994

Dear Netters,

 This may seem like the most bizarre thing, but the Eco R1 enzyme and
buffer we have seem to be contaminated leading to DNA degradation problems
repeatedly in our lab. We are using absolutely sterile tips, tubes and
distilled water.If any generous soul out there has any clue as to what may
be happening I would be really grateful!!!!!!.Even the brand new stuff is
degrading absolutely good batches of both plasmid and lambda gt10 dna
preps. I am so frustrated and would really thank anyone who has any help
or suggestions.

THANKS IN ADVANCE>Please e-mail to Padmmv00 at ac.usfca.edu.

Padmaja Mandalaparthy.
Frustrated Grad student